Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to THE GAMBLER




Growing as the only girl of the family, and drawing so much inspiration from my dad in terms of music, I got addicted to one of the best music genre in the world ; Country Music.(I guess this isn’t news anymore? Lol) some of my all time favorite artist of country music includes Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Don Williams, Randy Travis, Kenny Chesney and the list goes on and on.







Today the 21st of August, 2013, I will want to talk a little about Kenny Rogers. Kenny today marks his 75th birthday anniversary.  He was born on 21st August, 1938 in Houston, Texas in the United States of America. His birth name is actually Kenneth Kay Rogers. Tho he is into other music genres like rock, pop, and jazz, am sure he will be remembered vividly for the role he plays in the Country fraternity. He is a singer-songwriter, actor, record producer, entrepreneur, an author and member of the Country Music Hall of Fame. (Kenny I don’t envy you at all). Kenny has won over 44 awards which includes the Grammy’s. Some of his albums include “The Gambler”, “Coward of the country”, “Don’t fall in love with a dreamer” “Every time two fools collide” and a lot more he has also collaborated with a number of musicians.




You know what? Before I turned 18, my all time favorite of Kenny was “Across my Heart” which was released in 1997. You know, I still love that album and that particular track, but then ever since “The last Ten years” album was released on 20th March, 2006 It has taken over “Across my heart”. (My country protagonist can attest to thatJ). The lyrics of this song gave me a lot of insight on the happenings in the last ten years.

I can’t imagine Kenny Rogers without his Grey hair and mustache……I think that has been his niche over the years.




Today I celebrate you one of my all time country musicians of all time Kenny Rogers a happy happy birthday Kenny. God Bless you.

No comments: