Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My RABODEF Experience


My friends are curious about my 3 months leave experience. Some of them were worried I was not coming back to the office.


I must say 3 months of intensive training in Radio Broadcasting at RABODEF, has been very insightful and I never regret being a part of this family. We are often amazed at how quickly time flies when we look back at the past events. I noticed how everyday passed by even though it had different daily schedule, the materials learnt and my feelings about this course were different every day. 


There were times I was grateful that I made it tho distance and hunger sometimes made me lose hope but I always remembered the words of Tommy Annan Forson, our Director, “No Pain, No Gain”, then I had to be determined.







I really appreciate the extraordinary impact of knowledge on the various modules(The Radio station/Management, The technical side of radio, Voice and Speech development, Announcing and presentation, News announcing and writing, Ethic in 
Radio and many more) which have been very insightful. I never forget the ‘wackings’ I had at my back any time I pronounced any word wrongly. 







Talking about pronunciation of words, I started Rabodef and realized most of the words that we have been pronouncing since childhood were totally wrong and any time we doubted, we sorted the dictionary. Since then I have made the dictionary my friend (Call me if you want to know some of the wrong pronunciation since it has to be done orally, hehehehe)  you know, to be a professional broadcaster or presenter, it takes a lot of discipline and hard work just like any other profession, you need to listen to yourself as you speak which enables you to realize your mistakes as you pronounce words. In fact sometimes when I hear some presenters pronounce words wrongly on air, automatically you will hear me shout “Did he(she) just say that on air? That word is …. Not ….”




Could imagine how careful we were sometimes when we had to say a prayer because we were scared of pronouncing words wrongly even as we prayed. Yeah that was how impacting the course was since God was not left out each day. 

Another thing I loved was our lecture hall; so serene and  indeed one of a kind. Since most of the modules were practical, we had a well set up studio like there is in any radio station right in class.

Before I forget, did u ever know we had the Presenters Ten Commandments? Interesting 




During this period I had the opportunity to be the class rep and lead the class in most of the assignments and presentations. its been quite challenging but enjoyable because you had to tolerate and respect the views of your mates. Value has been added to my knowledge and my personality as a whole. I remember the times we walk from school all the way to 37 where we then disperse to our various destinations……I miss you all already.


To our dedicated lecturers Uncle Tommy, Nana Yaa, Haruna, Desmond and all the non teaching staff. I am really grateful to you all.


Thank you and God bless
For any information about training to be a broadcaster, just visit www.rabodef.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats, happy for you dear. Up Up :D
more blessings.

Esenam's blog said...

thanks so much dear