Friday, October 12, 2012

Unconditional Love




One evening after a hard day’s work. I was alone and thinking, I just couldn’t figure out what I was thinking about. That was minutes ago when I had checked on a friend about her sick dad, when I wanted to find out how his condition was. She told me she wasn’t home yet , then I told her to let me know when she gets home. (Indeed she has been one of the friends I met after school tho we were in the same school. I didn’t know her till I completed. I got to know her well and she inspires a lot. I took her like the sis I never had) like I told her, when she got home, she got back to me saying her dad was still same :-( , all I could do was encourage her to keep the faith and that all we can do was to pray, after we discussed his condition. She really thanked me for being there and that I was a good person, that those she considered her best buddies aren’t even bothered. I told her it was the least I could do as a friend and that if she’s happy, I am. And if she is sad, I am. 

That evening minutes later, I had a feeling to check on a friend who I normally won’t check on at the time. I called and asked him the normal “how was your day question” all he said was he was rushing home because his son is sick……I felt sad wishing I could help in any way and I remembered that Our Help Comes From The Lord… suddenly I got moody and started to write this piece.


Don’t help friends looking at what you will get in return. Treat them because you have something to offer. For me I think LOVE is the greatest you can afford. Having a big heart full of love can turn a situation around. I think if I did offer you all the money in the world just for you to be my friend you still will not appreciate it. 

If I did offer you a car, it probably won’t be what you wished for. If I did get you a house, it just might not be the kind of house you always dreamt to live in. And you ask yourself what is in mind of an individual?.  If I gave you LOVE, unconditional love, you will really appreciate it with every breath you take. Love that I show through my thoughts, my kind words, my actions, my phone calls, my text messages, my silly comments, my appreciative gestures, a cheerful look, a warm smile, love that can indeed last you a lifetime. 

 True love comes from the heart, It comes from within. That which is ready to give, even if it the smallest you have, one that is ready to receive any criticisms, one that is accommodative, one that gives you all the attention you need………those kind of hearts are hard to find you have to open your “third eye”. I know someone will tell me that “I do so much to make other people happy, why do I always get the short end of the stick…..?”

Don’t stop doing good. I have learned that one can always pray for someone when you don’t have the strength to help someone in some other way, but remember God doesn’t give us everything we ask for; He has his reasons. Learn to encourage people in all they do, DON’T be envious of their success. Sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand. I have always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other.

Continue loving friends for whom they are not what they have. Try it, and you will never regret helping someone…………………………

CHEERS TO LIFE.

No comments: