Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Lost In My Thoughts


I can only stare at my screen for a while.....look through the transparent glass window just with a tilt of my neck over my shoulders...through the window i see the untarred dusty road.The weather is windy and dusty with a lot of hustling on the streets.





I say to myself, "...The hustle is so real". Over the last couple of days or weeks i would always get home after 10:00 pm after leaving home at 5:00 am  Isn't that my own hustle too? I come back to watch my screen and i remember i have to post something on my blog at least so you know how my day is going.


Its been a very busy morning, moving up and down. Right now i sit here with some music playing in my ears through my earphone (for once am not listening to country music) and eeerrmm i wish i had the Beats headphones. Music through those are just wow! i borrowed a colleagues and it was mwuach!

Okay so back to what i was saying...where was i? Oh yes!... i remember. You see earlier today i watched a video where Quvenzhane Wallis was interviewed. For those of you who are not familiar with the name, she was the Lead Actress in the movie "Annie".(I can watch that movie over and over again) She actually became the youngest Actress to ever receive  nomination for the Academy awards.

Yeah about her interview in the video, Quvenzhané Wallis said something that got me thinking and i quote: "Be Confident. Dont let anything get your way. And if you go for something and there is something in your way, just go around it and find your way back because trust me, you will get there"

After i heard that from one of the youngest actresses i have known....i just breathed a sigh of relief. I felt she was talking to me.




You know mostly, especially in our society we grow up with very little or no confidence until you grow up and develop yourself with the amount of confidence you probably need. Whenever we set our minds to something and an obstacle gets in our way, we get stuck, confused and begin to loose hope. Actually that makes us human you know? Until we make a decision to strive on to get whatever we set our minds to.


Today, i drew so much inspiration from Annie...i call her "Annie" because trust me i will have to rehearse her name a couple of times before i can get it right. well she said her nickname is Cue...so i can say i drew so much inspiration from Cue. Enthused with so much confidence, has her own style of expressing herself and boi she's intelligent! I ended up tearing up after listening to Tomorrow.(A song originally done by Sia but was featured in Annie)...



Wow it looks like i wasn't lost in my thoughts after all...Really that's how my days has been so far. Am glad i was able to type something after it all.

How about if you shared with me how your day went? :-)

Much Love,
Ese

No comments: