Thursday, September 7, 2017

Out and About at #GGFS2017


Ghana Garden and Flower Show, #GGFS; an annual event organized by Stratcomm Africa, designed to help beautify Ghana, enhance its green spaces and make it a pleasant habitat for its citizens while contributing to making Ghana a compelling investment and tourism destination.




Over the weekend I took my turn to enjoy the experience since I have never been able to attend any of the events since its inception. Well, i finally made it to GGFS2017. I was just excited about it this time around since I have been telling myself every year I will be there but never got the opportunity to make it.



I must say this is a step in the right direction for individuals and entrepreneurs to take advantage of partnering with the public and private sector to contribute to the use of landscape in gardening and flowering of our cities, towns and major projects.





The vendors who were present gave me a great idea of things you needed to look out for when you decide to grow plants or have a garden at home. A pretty educative session with some of the vendors I must say.



I sat in one of the conferences where one of the speakers( i have forgotten his name) mentioned that whenever there is a major project ongoing, we did see all the portions slated to be developed but there is little or no attention to gardening or flowering within the premises.


Personally, I believe a lot needs to be done at the venue, Efua Sutherland Children's Park, The private sector can partner with the public sector to develop this venue just like it's been done at Rattray Park. While money is being made for the government. The site of the broken down roller-coaster got me sad! I had memories of enjoying that swing and the little train when I made few trips to the children’s park growing up. These days everything seems to have worn out. It's a very sad distin!.



I also used the opportunity to catch up with old friends since we rarely meet due to our busy schedules. Naa Adjeley, Afiyo, Mawuena, Naa Oyoo, and all other who couldn’t make me out, lol.  Oh yes, the Seemychow wings and fried yam chips by Naa Oyoo was nice and tasty ehh? I couldn’t get enough of that.


The fashion show, the games, the music, kids playground, etc were all on point. Who else saw the flower pot of different shapes and designs? hehehehe. I want to congratulate the Stractcomm team for taking this up and i look forward to many more activities during the period in the coming years.

Keep Being Awesome!
Ese😘












No comments: