Thursday, February 9, 2017

Rest In Peace, Barima


I haven’t done a blog post of losing anyone apart from sharing updates on social media about how I lost my grannies. I actually did this post while sitting in the burial service of Barima.



Mixed emotions linger in my mind as I sit in a burial service of a very young man. This guy is just 26 years old. Same age as myself and few questions ponder on my mind.
Am I better than him?
Am I beautiful than he is?
Was I more graced than him....

Hhhmmmm the tears are logged in my eyes and I refuse to let it drop or reach for my handkerchief to do the cleaning.


The last time I was at a funeral of someone this young was when I lost my childhood friend, Nii some 5 years ago.


It is sad! Very sad! That a young man this age will leave his family after a short illness. Indeed he is in a better place. The rest is left to the rest of us alive.






I never had the opportunity to meet him, but my Bishop shared a few things about him in church last Sunday. Some weeks ago he also requested that as a church we remember him in our prayers, something he hasn't requested of us before however, I knew how this meant to him.

Few days before he passed he was led by the Holy Spirit to lead the young man and rededicate him to Christ because his time was near.
He passed the next day after accepting Christ.

What if he hadn't accepted Christ? What is his uncle wasn't a man of God to be directed by the Holy Spirit? What would have been of his soul?


I won't let this tear drop...its hard very hard..friends and family can't hold it. I am sitting here trying to be a 'hard girl'





His schoolmates took their turn to pay their respect. He is a Bleeooo (Old Student of Accra Academy Senior High School) guy! An Academician! That was what broke me! Gosh! My 'hardness' was gone.


I can hear sniffing and wailing in the crowd...I can feel the pain of this family. His mom was broken! No one could hold her! She was devastated! It was a very sad atmosphere.


Reality hits us all when the coffin is closed and covered.


Bishop began his message by sharing memories of his family and how growing up was like with his elder sisters, and how it was through his sister that he accepted Christ.
Now that Barima is gone and in a better place, it's left with us to give our lives to Christ. Bishop's sermon was very comforting. It gave us hope! (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)




It is my prayer that the loss of Barima will not bring pain and destitution but sweet memories and tranquility to his family.


Barima left behind both parents and 4 brothers.


May his soul Rest In Peace💔😢. Amen .

No comments: